Associate Level Attorney, Insurance Coverage – Birmingham, AL
Busy Birmingham firm seeks an Associate to work in its insurance coverage practice group. This firm has had a dedicated insurance coverage practice for approximately 20 years. It includes 5 attorneys dedicated to handling only insurance coverage matters. The group analyzes coverage under a variety of policy forms. The scope of practice in the coverage group includes:
- Policy reviews and providing coverage analysis to insurance clients;
- Claim assistance;
- Monitoring counsel services;
- Drafting coverage letters for carriers;
- Litigating declaratory actions; and
- Defending coverage and bad faith lawsuits.
Candidates with the following experience are preferred:
- 2-4 years practicing as a coverage attorney in a firm with an established insurance coverage practice;
- Top 15% of law school graduating class, or law review;
- Experience with 3rd party claims (not just first party claims);
- Prior work on commercial coverage matters (not personal lines); and
- Experience with both general liability and professional/D&O policy forms.
Writing samples will be required. Associates who are looking for a growing firm with plenty of work and access to experienced mentors should consider this position.
All inquiries are strictly confidential. Submit resume to email@example.com or call 205-410-7704.